Whether we are discussing your business or home; decisions will always come up regarding your lighting. One of the most common questions now is; Is it really worth it to switch to LED? The popularity behind LED’s has gained some traction and more and more are upgrading their lighting to LED. Here’s a few facts to support why most people are making the change;
Let’s start with the most obvious reason why people are making the switch. One of the biggest benefits to LED lighting is the massive increase in energy efficiency. Fluorescent & incandescent bulbs use heat to create light, which means 90% of the energy they produce is heat and only 10% is light. LED’s only use 5% of their energy towards heat, leaving 95% of pure light. This technology also reduces the risk of light overheating.
When LED’s first came to market, they were much more expensive and at too high of a price point for what most consumers were willing to pay. In today’s market they are much more affordable, helping homeowners and business owners to make the switch and allowing funds to be allocated elsewhere. Not only has the cost upfront to make the change become very reasonable it will in the end save you money due to the energy saving capabilities.
If you are the one purchasing the bulbs, you then know how big of a pain it can be to constantly be replacing them. With LED’s they can last up to 200,000 hours. To put that into perspective that’s 25 times longer than other types of bulbs like halogen and incandescent lights. That is also including out lasting fluorescent lighting by a few thousand hours.
Most of us forget or think it’s odd to refer to non food items as non-toxic, but this has become a topic a huge population focuses on now; is eliminating toxic things from their environment. Other types of bulbs contain a toxic substance called Mercury. Mercury is extremely harmful and considered a major health concern by the world health organization. So you need to ask yourself are you willing to run the risk of exposing yourself or others to this substance?
If you are someone who has tossed the idea around about switching to LED’s or are ready to make the upgrade; we are here to help find the best solution for your situation. Contact us Today! to schedule your FREE Consultation.
Tags: Certified Electrician, Edmonton electrician, electrical contractors edmonton, energy efficient, LED lighting, Residential